Home  Questions and Answers for Family-Based Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

What Will Be My Immigration Status if I Get Married to an American Citizen?

Help Desk:

As a L-1 visa holder in U.S. for 2 years, I would like to know what will be my immigration status if I get married to an American citizen? and what are the procedures and Forms required for me to get the U.S. Permanent Residency?


If you marry to a U.S. citizen, you will be immediately eligible to receive a temporary Green Card, not subject to waiting quotas. It may take several months for the paper work to be processed. 

You will also receive the employment authorization (EAD) after  filing Form I-485 Adjustment of Status. Your first step is to file Form I-130 and Forms G-325A. You can also file Form I-485 with Form I-130 simultaneously.






Greencardfamily.com - For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service