Home  Questions and Answers for Family-Based Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Does My Husband Need to File Another Form I-130 for My Daughter to Get K-4 Visa?

Help Desk:

My newly married husband is U.S. citizen, and I want to apply for K-3 visa to enter U.S. with my daughter. Does my husband need to file another Form I-130 for my daughter to get K-4 visa?


To enter U.S., your daughter does not need a separate Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) to be filed. Although, your U.S. citizen husband needs to name your daughter on the I-129F petition. If your U.S. citizen husband does not name the child on the I-129F petition, USCIS may find it difficult to prove her identity as child of a K-3 applicant. 




Greencardfamily.com - For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service