Home  Questions and Answers for Family-Based Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

What Is the Next Step for My Wife to Get Immigrant Visa to Enter U.S.?

Help Desk:

I am a U.S. citizen, and the Form I-130 application for my wife has been approved. What is the next step for her to get immigrant visa to enter U.S.?


After USCIS has approved the Form I-130 petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). Once received, the NVC will assign a case number for the petition and instruct the applicant to complete the Choice of Address and Agent form, if an attorney or agent will be used. 

The NVC will begin pre-processing the applicant’s case by contacting the applicant and petitioner with instructions for submitting the appropriate fees. After the appropriate fees have been paid, the NVC will again contact the applicant and petitioner to request that the necessary immigrant visa documents be submitted to the NVC, including the Affidavit of Support, application forms, civil documents, and more. 





Greencardfamily.com - For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

© Family Green Card Service