Home  Questions and Answers for Family-Based Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

My Boyfriend Is an Illegal Alien, Can I File Immigration Application for Him?

Help Desk:

My boyfriend is an illegal alien. Can I file immigration application for him after our marriage? Does he have to leave the U.S.? Can he get work authorization after our marriage? 


Whether you can file immigration application for him will depend on what type of illegal alien you will marry. Generally, someone who overstays his visa or violates his status may adjust his legal status in the United States if he marries a U.S. Citizen. 

However, a person who originally entered the U.S. without being inspected by an immigration officer at an U.S. entry port is ineligible to adjust his legal status in U.S. or obtain a work authorization in the U.S.





Greencardfamily.com - For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service