Home  Questions and Answers for Family-Based Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

What I Should Do If I Want to Travel Overseas While Waiting for Green Card? 

Help Desk:

My marriage-based Form I-130 has been approved and my Form I485 application is pending. What I should do if I want to travel overseas, while waiting for the Green Card? 


Due to the case processing backlog within the USCIS, it may take some time for your to receive the Green Card after the Form I-485 application for adjustment of status has been submitted. 

During this waiting period, you can apply for an Advance Parole, which allows you to travel overseas and come back to the United States without affecting your Green Card application. The only prerequisite for an Advance Parole is that you have maintained a legal status throughout your stay in the United States. 





Greencardfamily.com -- For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service