Home  Questions and Answers for Family-Based Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

How to Notify USCIS about the Change of Address after Form I-130 Approval 

Help Desk:

I got my marriage based form I-130 application approval, and sent out Form I-485 application one month ago. Thereafter I changed my residence address in the same city. My question here is that do I have to inform USCIS for my address change? and do you think it will affect my I-485 application? 


You need to notify USCIS about the change of your address, by sending the AR11 Form to USCIS, otherwise you may not get USCIS notice for your I-485 case, or get RFE from USCIS to ask you to show your current address, when USCIS evaluates your I-485 application. Also, not informing USCIS about your address change is illegal and your may get problem for your I-485 application.





Greencardfamily.com -- For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service