What Is Necessary for Me to Enter the U.S. to Marry a U.S. Citizen?

Help Desk:

I live outside U.S. What is necessary for me to enter the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen? How could I get this kind of visa to enter U.S.?


The U.S. citizen must file a fiancee petition, Form I-129F, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The USCIS will forward the approved petition to a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. The post will then contact you with information and eventually schedule an interview for a fiancee visa. 

You have 90 days from entry into the U.S. in which to marry the U.S. citizen, and you must leave within this time if you do not apply to become a permanent resident.





Greencardfamily.com -- For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

© Family Green Card Service