Can I Use the Form I-485 Approval Notice for My International Traveling?

Help Desk:

I received my form I-485 Green Card application approval notice last week, and I know my permanent resident status starts from the notice date of the I-485 approval. Can I use the form I-485 approval notice for international traveling? or I must use stamped password? 


You should not use the form I-485 approval notice for your international traveling. Only the red stamp which the USCIS district office imprints on your passport will be taken as the evidence of your U.S. permanent resident at the airport. 

The alien inside the U.S. with Green Card application approval should use a USCIS district office stamped passport for international traveling. Otherwise, the parole by the immigration inspector at an U.S. entry airport is not always guaranteed. 

 - For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service