The Procedures and Required Forms to
Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence

Help Desk:

I have a temporary Green Card after married with my U.S. citizen husband for about 2 years. Now, I need to remove the conditions on my permanent residence in US, What are the procedures and required forms?

Answer: For the procedures to remove the conditions on permanent residence, if you as a couple to file a joint petition to remove the conditions on the alien spouse's permanent residence, your must submit the following: 1) USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) signed by both parties; 2) A copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card); and 3) Evidence that the marriage is not to evade the immigration laws. 

Examples of such evidence includes, but is not limited to: a. Leases showing that the couple live in the same place; b. Documents proving that the couple own property jointly; and Birth certificates of children if any.


 - For Your Family-based Immigration Applications

Family Green Card Service